Friday, March 4, 2016

Chikungunya


Unfortunately I think I have Chikungunya.  What the heck is Chikungunya?  It’s virus caused by a mosquito bite and there is nothing you can do about it.  At first I thought I just had the flu and it would go away in a few days, but this is different, because the main problem is severe muscle and joint pain.  I am exhausted the whole day.  We get Wi-Fi from a cyber café across the street, so we have Wi-Fi by our front door in the living area.  It’s sad but I have to rest in the bed to get up the energy to go in the living room to watch Netflix on my laptop on a rocking chair.  I had shingles when I was 20, it’s basically like that.  Crystal wants me to get bloodwork, but I’m being stubborn and do not want to get it.  Weather its Chikungunya, Dengue, or the flu, it’s the same treatment, rest and make sure you drink lots of fluids.


Ok, thank you for letting me complain, I feel much better.


Crystal and I are continuing to live our lives here.  We are getting to know more people and establish many life long lasting friendships.  Two of our friends from Florida left last Saturday after staying with us for a week. (Steve and Angela)  They have been doing short term mission trips in Nagarote for the last 10 years.  They sold their home in Florida to buy a Finca here.  They are building their house here poca a poca to retire here in 5 years and facilitate many mission trips to help the people of Nagarote.  It was a great time hanging out with them for the week and of refreshing our spirits.


The more time we spend here, the more our hearts go out to the people.  They are so lost.  It is so sad to see such a broken society.  In the US, I feel we have a strong vocal minority on fire for God.  Here, there is almost nothing.  Most men over the age of 50 have at least 2 families.  When I say most, I mean most.  I would say upwards of 75% of people I met, there father has at least 2 families.  As in the US, many of these people go to church and claim to be Christians.  There is no fear of God, whatsoever.  Many people do whatever they want for themselves and doing an act of kindness for someone else is out of the question.  The Lord has laid it heavy on our hearts to try somehow, one soul, one family, one church, that a life through the Holy Spirit is an incredible life, so much more than what they have now.


Even though we feel our Spanish has improved and we can speak with anyone.  We both know we need to go to school to get to the level we want to be at.  Next September we are going to try to go to language school in Costa Rica for 7 months.  Please pray, we can find a way to afford it.  After that, and with a lot of prayer to God of where to go, we are planning on going somewhere to tell the people of the love of Jesus Christ and of eternal salvation.


Kids performing in Central Park


Central Park

Daniel and the Lions Den

Good Friends



Shooting of a Music Video


Lava from Momotombo, sorry not very impressive


We adopted our neighbors 3 dogs


Great time at beach near Mirimar






This horse caused a huge traffic jam



Taking their pigs to the Farm to have special fun

No comments:

Post a Comment