Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Food 1/27/2016

The Food

When I think of Spanish Food, I always think of Taco Bell.  Tacos, fajitas, quesadillas, Tostitos, salsa.  Basically, I thought it was going to be like Taco Bell but homemade.
Everything I mentioned is Mexican food.  This type of food is a foreign as Chinese food here.  Central American food is rice and red beans. They never have salsa with any meal. Believe or not its hard to find or buy black beans in the store.  Every single meal I have eaten here as rice and red beans with it.

I love my coffee.  I have a coffee maker and make coffee every morning here with Costa Rican coffee, very good.  However, there is not a single coffee shop here.  Definitely a little different.  We are used to a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, deli around every corner.

Looking back, I think I ate too much Chinese food and pizza.  Crystal and I, try to find ingredients from home and try to eat American when we cook ourselves.  Italian, Mexican, etc.  There's a pizza vendor, in one of the parks.  He's never open, but I want to check out. Our friends say it was horrible, but we'll see. I hear there is a Chinese food restaurant in the capital.  Next time there, I want to check it out.

So I would say getting used to rice and beans all the time is taking a little bit getting used to.

BUT, BESIDES THE FOOD WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment