Thursday, February 11, 2016

Praise You Lord, You are never Late


Never one minute late or one minute early, Our Lord always answers on Time!!!!!

 

Steve and I had a great day today, we spent time studying Spanish and doing our devotions.  We do not have internet here in our home, so Milo and Raquel have been sweet enough to allow us to spend time in their home to watch movies or facetime our family.  It is nice for the mind to rest and not try to think in Spanish.  We have found a few shows we really like on Netflix and this has been a blessing to watch TV once or twice a week.  I am finally adjusting to the culture, I love the people, but most of all I love that in every situation we find ourselves in, we pray together.  It doesn’t matter where we are or what we are doing, we see the importance of finding Jesus in every part of our life.  My devotion today was in Hebrews 10:16-18 and 22&23.  While reading this, I found myself being thankful that he chose me, a sinner.  His word says that he has forgiven all my sin and that he does not remember them anymore.  I love this for so many reasons, 1. I remember things at times, he remembers none of it. 2. I can’t forgive myself at times and he forgives me all the time.   Praise God for bringing us here; Praise him for never leaving me, or forsaking me.  I am so honored that he has a great reward for us at the end of this life in Christ Jesus.  He is never late, he is never early and his timing is so perfect.  Sometimes we want things now, but the Lord knows the exact time that is perfect for us.  This same night Steve and I left Milo and Raquel’s to bike ride home, this time we went a different way (Gods Time is amazing).  We came to our home from the other side of town, and a little down the road was my friend that I say hi to each day.  Her name is Maria, I have invited Maria to church and for some reason we just like each other.  I don’t fully speak the Spanish language, but the language of Jesus is always evident in a person’s life.   Maria would smile and I would smile back, we knew that we were always thinking of each other.  I know she is busy as she has two children and a business, but I don’t know her personal life.  On the street, in that very moment Maria saw me and she ran up to me and started to cry, tears we flowing down her face, I had the best medicine in that moment I had the power of Prayer.  I started to pray for her in Spanish, pray that the Holy Spirit would comfort her, and pray that whatever she was going through only Jesus could heal.  Maria told me that she was broken and that she wants to come back to the first love of Jesus.  She told me that for a year now she hasn’t been to church.  One minute more, or the same route Steve and I normally take and we would have missed it we would have missed Maria.  I didn’t get to stay and talk to her late because she had to go, I did pray that whole night for my sweet friend.  The next morning was our normal routine of school for two hours, but I know that the Lord had a different plan.  Cinthia, our beautiful teacher we have talked about before texted me and asked me if we could have class earlier or if we would want her to come to our house this time.  I said yes, this would mean longer in my PJ’s and less time riding my bike in the hot sun all the way to class.  Timing my friends in everything, Cinthia came to our house at same moment she arrived, Maria also arrived.  Cinthia and Maria did not know each other at the time.   Cinthia is so smart so she knows fluent English as well, (wow Lord not a moment late, not a moment early) Cinthia didn’t know it at the time. But she was being obedient to the Lord as well.  She is a Christian and I am so excited to see her being used.  This was another amazing moment, Cinthia and I talked to Maria, she cried a lot and we together were able to comfort Maria and find out exactly what was going on.  One thing I want to say, the Lord will never forget you, He has always loved you and he always will.  Maria and Cinthia are coming over tonight to pray together and talk about forgiveness and we will also be spending time in the word of God.  Thank you Lord for using a sinner such as me, Thank you that when I asked you to forgive my sins, you cast them as far as the east is from the West, NEVER TO BE REMEMBERED AGAIN..  I know that when we press on, even when we are tired and want to give up, this is probably the moment when the Lord is going to turn things around.. Fight the good fight; don’t give up encouraging one another in Christ.  Don’t give up meeting together to encourage each other.  The Lord is coming back soon for a church without spot or wrinkle.  Be found in him, and seek the timing of the Lord and not the timing of yourself.  This result will be perfect as you wait upon our soon coming King.
I make this chocolate chip, banana cake almost everyday for my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment